Texas Dowry-Mahr Cases
- 2021: IRMO Mohamed and Ahmed [No. 14-18-01029-CV] Appeals court confirmed no Common Law marriage, no dowry.
- 2021: Qutiefan v. Safi [No. 01-18-00425-CV] Appeals court upholds denial of unidentified dowry.
- 2018: Adeleye v. Driscal [544 S.W.3d 467] Payment of dowry supports Nigerian customary marriage
- 2016: Adeleye v. Driscal [488 SW 3d 498] Pre-Divorce Undisclosed BK stops Appellate Divorce Proceeding
- 2015: Ashfaq v. Ashfaq [467 S.W.3d 539] Accepting Dowry estops denial of Pakistani Divorce
- 2008: Ahmed v. Ahmed [261 SW 3d 190] Islamic Dowry post civil ceremony not enforceable
- 2003: Jabri v. Qaddura [108 SW 3d 404] Dowry of house and cash subject to Islamic Arbitration
- 1988: Texas-Votsis v Commissioner [55 T.C.M. (CCH) 175] Tax payer failed to show evidence of Greek Dowry
RELEVANT CODE SECTIONS
- 2012: Sharia Law in American Courts – American Family Law and Sharia-Compliant Marriages, by Karen Lugo