- 2018: In Re Al-Akwaa v. Akwaa [585 B.R. 82] Discharge of $30,000 deferred Islamic Dowry in bankruptcy cannot be decided on Motion for Judgment on the Pleadings.
- 2017: Alesawy v. Badawi [56 Misc. 3d 949] Court recognized judgement of Abu Dhabi awarding $250,000 Dowry to Egyptian wife married in New York.
- 2016: Badawi v. Alesawy [135 AD 3d 792] Court will enforce $250,000 Islamic Dowry between Egyptians married in New York.
- 2016: Hasna J. v. David N [53 Misc.3d 1142] Wife admitted having Islamic marriage and Dowry with a married man in one action. She was estopped to deny knowledge to the prior marriage in another.
- 2014: H. T., Plaintiff, v. A. E., Defendant [NY Slip Op 51896(U)]New York will enforce $25,000 Egyptian Dowry agreement which is not unconscionable or manifestly unfair on its face.
- 2014: Lama v. Malik [58 F. Supp. 3d 226] Servant who was given as a “Dowry” is entitled to unjust enrichment, conversion, fraud, claims not dischargeable in bankruptcy.
- 2012: Mojdeh M. v. Jamshid A [2012 NY Slip Op 51236] Iranian 1,000 gold coin Mehrieh may be brought by a separate plenary action in civil proceeding as an independent contract
- 2012: S.B. v. W.A. [NY Slip Op 51875] “Mahr Agreement of $250,000 is not void because it was entered into during an Islamic ceremony of marriage in New York
- 2004: FARAG v. FARAG [4 A.D.3d 502] Dowry of 20,000 Egyptian Pounds was not equitable distribution of the parties’ New York assets.
- 1994: Shirazi-Iloulian [200A.D.2d616] Iranian Dowry cannot be considered absent entry of marriage contract into the evidence.
- 1985: Aziz v. Aziz [127 Misc.2d 1013]Islamic Dowry of $5,032 was in secular terms are enforceable as a contractual obligation in New York.
- 1984: IR Tesmetge [47 BR 385] Brother holding property as Dowry for Sister incredible.
- 1958: Brills [4 N.Y.2d 125] Greek Marriage with substantial demand of Dowry was for Immigration and invalid.
- 1954: Brills [207Misc.104] Greek Marriage with substantial demand of Dowry was for Immigration and invalid.
- 2021: Khan v. Hasan [NY Slip Op 21236] Cultural Competency: Mahr Not Acknowledged and Not Enforceable.
- 2019: El Masri v. Khalil [NY Slip Op 29300] Complex legal issues presented by this Lebanese Mahr the made fees charged reasonable and fair.
- 1992: Schwartz v. Schwartz [153 Misc.2d 789] [T]he courts may use “neutral principles of law” to resolve disputes touching on religious concerns (such as recognition of a mahr.
- 1983: Avitzur v. Avitzur [58 NY 2d 108] Katuba Agreement to Get by Beth Din enforceable
- 1982: Avitzur v. Avitzur [86A.D.2d 133] Katuba Agreement to Get by Beth Din enforceable